Seriously good... you won't miss the real thing with this!
1/2 block of firm tofu crumbled
1 cup soy milk
3-4 tbsp savoury yeast
1-2 tsp black salt (this is the secret to giving it a real eggy taste) or more or less according to taste
1-2 tsp coconut sugar (this will help it to brown)
3 tbsp rice flour
3 tbsp corn/potato flour
Pinches of turmeric & saffron for colour
Black pepper (optional)
Thinly sliced Spring onions or red/white onions
1. Add all ingredients except onions/spring onions into blender and process until smooth
2. Stir in the spring onions or normal onions to the mixture and mix well.
3. Add 1-2 Tbsp of rice bran or peanut oil to a non-stick fry pan and pan fry on med-high heat until brown. Flip over and cook the other side until brown also.
4. If u want it to be less firm add less flour.
5. Serve with brown rice and or vegetables.