10 Reasons why the Sabbath is not Jewish
1) Adam and Eve were not Jewish.
“God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it.” Genesis 2:3. This was “pre-sin.” “Sanctified” means “to be set apart for holy use.” The only ones in Eden to “sanctify” the Sabbath were Adam and Eve, who were not Jewish.
2) “The Sabbath was made for man.” Mark 2:27.
Jesus said this. It was “made” in the garden of Eden before it was “written” on Mount Sinai. The Sabbath was “made” for “man,” not “just for the Jews.”
3) The other Nine are not “Just for the Jews.”
God wrote “Ten Commandments” on stone, not just nine. Deuteronomy 10:1-5. Does adultery, murder, stealing and lying apply “only to Jews”?
4) “The seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.”
Exodus 20:10. God calls it, “my holy day.” Isaiah 58:13. The Bible never calls it “the Sabbath of the Jews.” It is not their day. It is God's.
5) The Commandment is for the “Stranger” too.
The Fourth Commandment itself says the “stranger” is to rest on the Sabbath. Exodus 20:10. Strangers are Gentiles. Read Isaiah 56:6.
6) Isaiah said Gentiles should keep the Sabbath.
“Also the sons of the stranger ... every one that keepeth the Sabbath ... for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.” Isaiah 56:6-7.
7) “All” mankind will keep the Sabbath in the New Earth.
In “the new earth ... from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.” Isaiah 66:22-23. Why not start now?
8) Gentiles kept the Sabbath in the Book of Acts.
“The Gentiles besought that these words be preached to them the next sabbath ... Paul and Barnabas ... persuaded them to continue in the grace of God.” Acts 13:42-43. Here “grace saved” Gentiles kept the Sabbath.
9) Through the law the whole world can become conscious of sin.
James and Paul wrote these words. Read Romans 3:19; James 2:10-11.
10) Luke was a Gentile who kept the Sabbath.
Luke was the only Gentile writer in the New Testament. He travelled with Paul and wrote, “On the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side.” Acts 16:13. It was the Creation Sabbath. Both Luke and Paul knew it.